Having participated in our Get into Golf group coaching at Ringway and achieved a basic level of competence and confidence on the course through the Academy , individuals are encouraged to become an “Associate” member of the club which gives them access to all of the club’s facilities for 12 months at a heavily discounted rate.
During this period they are encouraged to continue their golf coaching, obtain a golf handicap and play in both fun and serious competitions. They are personally invited to attend golf suppers/dinners, social events to enable them to “experience” what it is like to be a member of Ringway Golf Club – not just a golf club but an opportunity to increase their friendships and social activities.
What is offered as an Associate Member:
- Access and use of Academy Course
- Play Ringway Golf Course at a special guest rate
- Bring up to 3 guests at a time to play Ringway Golf Course at the special guest rate
- Access and use of the Ringway Practice Range at Ash Lane
- Access and use of the short game practice area behind the Club House
- Access and use of the Club House – its facilities including catering, bar and changing facilities
- Attend Social events
- Use of the snooker tables in the Club House
- Golf Handicap – this will be considered when cards marked by a Ringway member are submitted. 54 holes need to be played - 3 x 18 holes or a combination of 9 holes.
- Golf Mentor to help introduce you to the club, its facilities, its members, how we do things and make you feel welcome and part of the “Ringway Family”
Qualification for Associate Membership:
You must have received golf tuition from a Ringway Golf Professional – either single, group or a series of lessons/courses – and be deemed ready to play on the course without supervision.
Costs involved and duration of membership:
- For Associates Annual Fee - see our Membership information
- Valid for a maximum period of 12 months from the date of acceptance by Ringway Golf Club
- Full membership: towards the end of the initial 12 months as Associate, we have a simplified application process whereby you complete our Application form with the approval and signatures of two full members
Exclusions – what you are not able to do
- Play competitive golf i.e. Club and Inter Club competitions until a handicap is obtained
- Vote at a General Annual Meeting.